Friday, August 10, 2007

It's hard to believe...


my sister's baby girl is turning ONE tomorrow! The time has just gone by WAY to fast. I feel like I want to put her on "pause" for a little while so I can keep her just the way she is... at least for a little while longer!

It's funny when I look back and remember how convinced I was that she "should" be a boy, just because I thought boys were easier, more convenient, but mostly because we already have Andrew & Kaleb in the family, so I guess I just thought it would be too hard to break that mold, that "mold" in my own little head that is!

So, one year ago Miss Ella Grace came crashing into my world of "boys" and I couldn't be happier to admit that "I was wrong." I totally needed this little girl in my life. So, here I am, the Aunt/Godmother who was convinced that I could only be good at boys...funny how so much can change in one year...thanks to one little girl!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying!

Anonymous said...

holy carp-she is a sweetie...and your sissy looks like gwyneth paltrow...

Anonymous said...

your sister is sooo lucky to have you . . .as is ella and kaleb. you are a wonderful aunt and godmother. denise

Gwen said...

I am lucky to have you as my sister & the Godmother to my babies. Ya.. you had me in tears to say the least. I can't imagine my life without you in it. You are more than my sister to me. And I can't even begin to express to you just how much I love you. Just know that I will always be here for you & Andrew.

Ella is a special little girl, I too was convinced that our family was a "boy" only family. But Ella came into it and has forever changed the way I look at little girls. Erik & I are touched that you stayed with us and welcomed Ella into the world with us... that is a special bond that we will forever share. I wish that you could have been with us for Kaleb's birth, but we all have the things in life we wish that we could change. Thank you for being who you are and for loving my babies with ALL your heart. I know that I am not a great writer but please know that you mean the world to me & my family. We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

CARP...and her name is GWEN?!?! are you not telling us something???

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie. Though,I am glad she waited a week last year to come into the world. At one point, that Saturday I was thinking we going to have to swim for it.

Anonymous said...

She's a beautiful baby!!!!

Of course, I only say that EVERY time I see your pictures of her. :)

Anonymous said...

What sweet sentiments, for an adorable little girl! Nicely said.

Besides, how could she not be great with a name like Ella! :)

stuffie said...

Holy Moly!
1. your sister looks like G. Paltrow. (like you're going to die from not suprise on that comment.)
2. your neice is absoutely adorable! (again, dying from not suprise)
3. you are very blessed to have such a great family!!!