Wednesday, May 14, 2008

odds & ends

So... My sister, Erik and the kids are away in Florida... which is wonderful for them, but totally weird for me! I'm so used to always having them here... always being able to see Kaleb & Ella whenever I want. So, not having that luxury this week has sort of been an "eye opener" for me. I'm coming to the realization that I'm going to be away from them for 3 whole weeks & I have no idea how I'm going to make it through. I miss them SO much now and it's not even been a full week yet! Right now I just keep telling myself that I have a month to figure out how I'm gonna deal. But no matter how hard I try I still can't convince myself that it's going to be OK. I know this is going to be an amazing trip & I know that I'm going to survive, but I'm still so afraid of the time I'm going to miss with them. (now, that being said, I'm not even gonna start to type about the meltdown I'm having inside about leaving Andrew for 3 weeks...)

Now that I got that out of the way... I'm hoping to participate in some online "challenges" that have been posted. My friend Beth has a challenge posted over here. I'm going to try really really hard to complete this challenge this week! And one more, I'm going to try to complete a layout based on this challenge.

My first step to completing these challenges was to take a few pictures... so I shot a couple self portraits. It's been a while since I've taken any pictures of myself and I thought the "today" challenge would be the perfect reason to take a couple. They aren't perfect, but self portraits never really are (at least for me). Here's a look at a few that I played with in photoshop...





these three were the "best" ones... if you can call them that. I'm not a big fan of myself in pictures, but they'll do!

I hope to post the we spy challenge soon!

6 comments:

Rollie said...

lookin good!
I feel your pain about leaving Andrew, I can't imagine what you will feel. I know when it is only a couple days for a crop I can't wait to get back to my little guy.
Can't wait to see your challenge pages!

Anonymous said...

hey now...you know things will be fine and what a learning experience for you! absence makes the heart grow fonder-just think about the reunion-how sweet that will be! chin up-i KNOW you will be fine!

p

stuffie said...

Yeah Steph...
It will be tough, but getting back to them will be AWESOME!!! And just think how cute she will look in those spanich skirts... hee hee. The thing that always helped me, count off the days. It is 21 right? They will all miss you just as much! :)

beth said...

hey lady.
just wanted to say hi.
great photos.
so happy you are playing along with olw and we spy!
chat with you soon.

Just Me said...

Love those pics of you!

It's always tough leaving loved ones for a week, two weeks, three weeks....heck, even a day or two! As has already been mentioned - the reunion will be that much sweeter!

Anonymous said...

you made me cry!!!! ella & kaleb missed you sooo much while we were in florida. every night ella asked aunt stess.... and i would say "where is aunt stess"... and she would giggle and say HOME! it was hard to be away from you too. i am not even going to start to figure out how I will survive without you, let alone my kids. kaleb will be alot easier to explain where you are but ella not so easy. we will be here with open arms to welcome you home that is for sure - i love you!!