Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaleb... xoxo

June 3rd is FOREVER a special day in my life. Kaleb's Birthday! As most of you that read this blog know, Kaleb means the world to me and has a super-special place in my heart always. Well, my buddy is turning six... I can hardly believe it. He's turning into quite the young man, it's really a bitter sweet feeling. He's a total blast to have around these days, he's funny, he gets our jokes, and he doesn't mind just being with us, we don't always have to be up to something or going somewhere special, we can just hang out and he's happy about it, but at the same time he's not a baby anymore. I just want to put him on pause. Only for a little bit, not forever, just for uhm... well a little bit. I know I'm not being realistic but, sometimes it's comforting to pretend that he'll always be my baby. (ok, I know he's my sister's baby but I tease him that he's my baby!) Moving right along... I did manage to take some pictures of the Birthday Boy on Sunday. (I have to take advantage of these times since he's still going through that "but you have like a hundred million pictures of me, Aunt Stess!)


OK, now I should probably warn you that Kaleb and his cousins decided to get all yucked up in the water behind the house, including a triple dog dare to ride his bike through the creek back in the woods. So, I should note that my sister does NOT usually allow her son to become this messy in his GOOD clothes. But it is HIS day, so.... this is what it looked like.



After all of the water activities... he had some cake!


Happy Birthday to the bestest godson in the world! i love you more then you'll ever know!

Since it's been ages since I've posted... I'll update on a few other bits of news. I finally signed an agreement last night for the purchase of my FIRST home! It's still not really sunk in yet, but I'm getting there. I didn't really want to post about it until it was official. But as of last night I signed the papers and so did the home owners... so I suppose it's official now.

Also, I have a few pictures of Ella to share from Kaleb's birthday too!

The prettiest girl at the party, of course!

I suppose that's it for now. Hope to post more frequently. Oh and holy cow I leave for Spain in 17 days! And I'll be in heaven both Tuesday & Wednesday night as I'll be at the Dave Matthew's Band Concert both nights! Life is good!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH STEPH!!!! i am so happy for you!! what a huge adventure you have in front of you-between the house and spain-i am jealous but i couldn't think of a better person for it to happen to!! GO YOU!!

p

Just Me said...

Aww, congratulations on the house purchase! Yup, sounds like lots of good things happening to you!

Great pics of the kids. They're so adorable.

Rachael said...

What a handsome guy!! Macy's bday is today too!!

Congrats on the house!! Super exciting!! So happy for you!!

Wow, 17 days!!! That will be such a wonderful experience!!

Anonymous said...

i was waiting and waiting for an update. yeah you! a dream come true for sure. i'm sure you are super excited for your trip . . .i would be. so much to look forward to this summer. remember to enjoy the moments as they happen.

denise

ps: kaleb sure has grown up since he was at our farm last year.

Kim said...

Congrats buddy! My roomies said they're not coming to see your place until you come to see ours. hehehehe

Rollie said...

Awww Steph,
I hear you about the Pause button!! WOW he looks so much older then last summer! All of a sudden they lose the little boy face.
Congrats on the house! How exciting!
Can't wait to see all the pictures of Spain.

stuffie said...

Go Steph!! Awesome news on the house!! COngrats! Enjoy it!!!and, Spain... that will be another awesome experience!