Sunday, March 23, 2008

my baby @ 15.... and Easter

Earlier this week Andrew turned 15 and I had great intentions of posting some new pictures but unfortunately his social life got in the way of my big plans... instead of having his mother take his picture he decided he wanted to hang out with his friends instead... go figure. :) Anyway... this weekend I got the chance to take some new shots of him... here are a few that I really liked. I know I'm a little partial but I really think the camera represents him well.



It's still hard to believe that he's 15. I was blessed with Andrew at a very young age... and I say blessed because I really believe I was blessed with him and meant to have him in my life, regardless of the fact that I was 16 when he came into my life. I completely understand that a teenage pregnancy is not an ideal situation for anyone, but I simply believe that I am who I am because of him, I'm happy with the person that I am today and without him I wouldn't be that person. Even though it wasn't always easy... I wouldn't change one step. I'm proud to call him my son, even if we aren't perfect, we're doing just fine.

here's one of me & my baby too (okay I guess I can't call him baby anymore, but I'm okay with that)

Here are some Easter pictures from today....



my sister & her beautiful family!

we did a little egg hunt at the house


just one more of Ella that I loved! she was saying "cheeeeeese!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my buddy. Andrew is an extention of you and it isn't a surprise that you have this truely amazing son. Your life won't be the same your right but you were ment to have Andrew and he choose you for a reason to be his mother. You are both so blessed to have "each" other.

Anonymous said...

once again-beautiful pictures-he looks so much like you-and you have every right to be proud-of him and yourself for the wonderful job you are doing as him mother!!

p

Anonymous said...

why can't i edit my spelling spaz??

p :)

Colleen said...

The pictures are fabulous! You're a terrific mom and love the relationship that you have with each other and the family that you have created.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew!!! What wonderful pictures!! I love what you've written, very touching!!

Anonymous said...

i love the serious look he has going there . . . but absolutely LOVE the one of the two of you. there are things in our lives that happen . . . at the time we wonder WHY? . . . there is usually a time later in life that we truly understand the answer to that question. i'm so happy for you and the relationship you share with your son. you have a great support system . . .in your family and your friends . . . i guess that is why you are such a great aunt and friend too . . . you appreciate those that are there for you and you return the favor to others.
d

Rollie said...

great shots Steph. altho I have never met Andrew, I see the love in you everytime you talk about him. I love the picture of the two of you and WOW he is a mini me of you!!
Only 2 more weeks till INSPIRED!!!
Can't wait to hang our with you and Kim B!