Wednesday, July 25, 2007

my boys of summer...

Well, our annual trip to LBI has come and gone... and needless to say it never goes down without a catch. This year I was lucky enough to be taking Kaleb to the beach with me and this was his first time away from home without his Mom & Dad! (at least longer then just an overnight.) This was a milestone in itself.



does this look like a child that is homesick?.... nope, I didn't think so. He was so excited to be at the beach, and I was just as excited to have him there with me!



Andrew has been coming here since he was a baby. Now at age 14, he still looks forward to the week with his cousins just hanging out on the beach. And the bonus is he still lets me take his picture, no matter what!

Anyway~ on to the "catch." Sunday night we headed to the basketball courts which also is a nightly event when we're at the shore only this time I managed to score myself a trip to the Emergency Room. I thought I was going to be fine, but the next morning my knee thought otherwise, so Kim and Erik took me to the ER... basically they did some xrays, found nothing broken which I kinda figured. Their assessment was that I had a sprain of some sort in my knee with possibly some ligament issues going on but they would need to do an MRI to come to any conclusion. Long story short... my regular doctor did his exam and concluded that I did not need the MRI, but simply needed some rest and possibly some physical therapy. So I guess this is my first sign of getting older, huh?

Now, I'm going back to that happy place....

2 comments:

stuffie said...

he looks just like you Steph- what a handsome guy!!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss the part where you have a son??? I'm so surprised looking at this!!! And Steph, it is striking how much he looks like you! How fabulous!