Friday, February 1, 2008

Spain...



Last night I received my official letter of acceptance to Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain this summer. It hasn't really "sunk" in just yet, but I'm still pretty excited at the thought of being in another country for almost a month! Overall it's kinda bittersweet... I'm totally excited but at the same time I've NEVER been away from Andrew for this long; it's always just been a few days here & there. So that being said I'm a little sad at the thought of being away from him for this length of time but I also feel this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for me... like i said "bittersweet." Not only am I worried about missing Andrew, but Kaleb & Ella too! I've never been away from them for this long either :)

I can't take credit for the picture above, I found it online today... but this is one of the places we'll be visiting... The Cathedral in Toledo

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Congratulations! Glad you finally received the official word. What an amazing opportunity! I'm sure it will definitely be bittersweet but I think you'll both learn things with you taking this opportunity. Can't wait to hear more about it all.

Anonymous said...

SPIT!!!! you go girl!!! i am sure you will work wonders with that camera and you'll be back to the boy before you even know it!! what an amazing opportunity!!!

patti

Rollie said...

Steph,
so happy for you! Can't wait to hear about your amazing adventure when you get back.
See ya in a couple weeks! We will have to celebrate in Chantilly!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Don't worry Andrew, Kaleb & Ella will all be here when you get back. You KNOW that I will for sure miss my best friend... but you are so lucky to have this opportunity. We love you and I am so proud to be your sister.

Gwen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Rachael said...

Wow!! That is wonderful, Steph!!!

What a great opportunity!!

Ruby said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you- this will be the oppurtunity of a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful opportunity.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so incredibly happy for you and proud too! This is going to be a wonderful experience for you. Hopefully me and Andrew will make it over for a short visit. Love you BFF.